Device Manager Folder Sample
This sample mimics the official Windows Device Manager application, while demonstrates the following:
- A .NET Core 3.1 console C# application.
- Usage of WinRT classes, such as the Windows.Devices.Enumeration.DeviceInformation.DeviceWatcher, through inclusion of the "Microsoft.Windows.SDK.Contracts" NuGet package.
- Icons can support small to large sizes (256 x 256).
- A ShellFolder and ShellItem namespace hierarchy built completely asynchronously, which is made possible thanks to the NotifyCreate, NotifyDelete, and NotifyUpdate methods.
- Just like the official Windows application, hidden devices can be shown or hidden.
Following are two screenshots of the Namespace Extension integrated with the Windows 10 Shell:
The following screenshot shows hidden devices. Hidden devices can be shown using the standard Explorer "Hidden items" checkbox: